Caponata with Whole Grains Penne
Fest Magic non-stick frypan N26cm – click here
Fest Magic non-stick sautesse with glass lid N28cm – click here
Fest Magic non-stick round casserole with glass lid N26cm – click here
Ingredients (for 4 people)
500 gr. Whole Penne pasta
800gr. eggplants cut into cubes 1-2 cm.
1 sliced celery twig
1 chopped onion
350 – 400 gr. diced tomatoes with their juice
150 ml olive oil
1 tbsp. Pine
1 tbsp. raisins sultanas in boiling water
1 tbsp. capers washed in water
100 gr. seedless green olives, rinsed & cut into pieces
100 ml. white vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
Prepare the sauce:
1. Put the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Rinse the capers and olives so that the result is not too sour. Cut tomatoes (if you put them fresh), celery, onion and last but not least the aubergines. Make sure the aubergines are dry so they don’t spill oil while frying them.
2. Put in a large Fest’s non-stick frypan in a strong heat, put about 120 ml. olive oil, or as needed to cover the bottom so that you can fry the aubergines, but without swimming in the oil. Bring the olive oil to a high temperature (about 180C). Then, with a lot of care, add the aubergines to fry.
Turn them every now and then carefully until they turn brown everywhere for about 7-10 minutes. When they get colored,remove them in a bowl where a kitchen paper is placed to absorb the oil.
3. Add 30 ml of olive oil in Fest’s non stick sautesse , just enough to cover the bottom and sauté the celery and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and stir. Once it boils, add the vinegar and sugar.
Immediately after the capers, pine nuts, raisins and olives.
Stir and leave the sauce for the next 5 minutes to expel half the liquid.
5. Add the aubergines and let them bind with the sauce for 5-10 minutes until all the liquids are absorbed, stirring every now and then.
6. Remove from the heat and add a few fresh basil leaves and salt and pepper.The sauce is ready now for any use.
Prepare the pasta:
7. Put 4 liters of water in Fest’s non-stick casserole to boil and after boiling pour 2 tbsp. salt. After it boils, add the penne and stir.8. Just before the pasta is done, place Fest’s non stick sautesse in the hot plate to warm up.In 8 minutes, remove from the heat,keep a cup of boiling water and strain the rest.9. Pour the penne into Fest’s non-stick sautesse with the sauce and mix well for about a minute, completing their cooking. Add a little of the water you kept from boiling, to help bind the sauce. Food is ready to be served on plates.
Serve on plates with grated cheese.