Broccoli Soup with blue cheese
Fest Magic non stick casserole N26cm – click here
Fest Integra chopper with spout – click here
Ingredients (for 8-10 people)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 sprig of chopped celery
1 sliced leek
1 medium potato in cubes
2 tbsp. olive oil
25 gr. butter
200 g of milk cream
100 gr. Blue Danish cheese
1.2 lt. vegetable (or chicken) broth
1. Chop and gather all the ingredients around you (mise-en-place). Cut all the sprigs of the broccoli, into small cubes because you will use them in the soup. Then cut the flowers and keep them separately .
2. In a large Fest’s non-stick casserole, put the olive oil in low heat and add the onion for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the butter and then the leek, celery and potato (broccoli, not yet). Always keeo a low heat and at this stage wait for the vegetables to start sautéing so that they start to wither by taking out their juices. To help them, close the pot with the lid on for the next 5 minutes.
4. Open the lid and add the vegetable broth and together the hard pieces from the trunk and large branches of the broccoli, without the soft flowers. Close the Fest non-stick casserole and cook for 10-15 minutes until you see that they have started to soften.
5. Add the broccoli flowers and boil them all together for another 5-8 minutes until soft.
6. Check that all your vegetables are soft enough to mash them in the Fest Integra chopper.Turn off the heat. Mash and make a relatively thick soup.
7. Add sour cream and stir. Then add the blue cheese, rubbing it by hand, so that it melts in the hot soup, stirring.
Serve on a plate and from there on the dishes on the table. Garnish with a few broccoli flowers and cheese crumbs that you have kept for that.