Fest Magic non stick sautesse with glass lid Ν28 cm – Click here
Fest Integra chopper with spout – click here
Materials (for 10-12 people)
2 kg beef shoulder cut into cubes 3-4 cm.
2 chopped onions
2 carrots in the grater
2 finely chopped celery sticks
100 ml of olive oil
250 ml. Red wine
800 ml. homemade beef broth or from fresh refrigerator cube
800 gr. (2 boxes) tomatoes peeled in tomato juice
500 gr. (1 package) grated tomato in juice
Spices are not needed, so bay leaf, cinnamon and anything else, are strictly optional!
1. Take the meat out of the fridge for at least an hour before cooking (2 hours if you cut it on the spot, from a large piece) to bring it to room temperature. Dry all the pieces one by one with a kitchen paper and place them again on a piece of paper, so that they absorb all the liquid that is left. Finely use Fest Integra chopper to cut the onion, celery and carrot.
2. In Fest non stick sautesse, burn the oil well for 2-3 minutes until you see that it starts to steam. Put so many pieces of meat in the oil one by one and be careful that no one touches the other. Every 1 minute, as soon as they caramelize on each side, turn them one by one with tongs or a spoon (not a fork). Once they are cooked and caramelized from everywhere, remove them with a skimmer and put them in a bowl.
Repeat this process as many times as needed to complete the baking of all the pieces, leaving half a minute between each batch to raise the oil temperature.
3. Once the meat has been fried and after removing the last batch in the bowl, lower the temperature to medium and add the chopped onions-carrots-celery, sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. When the vegetables are colored, add all the sauteed meat back to Fest non stick sautesse , raise the temperature and after mixing them for 2-3 minutes add the wine. Let them boil with the wine until it is reduced by 2/3 for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the hot meat broth to Fest non-stick sautesse. Bring the meat to a boil and reduce to about 20 ‘, always with the sautesse open.
6. Add all the tomatoes, salt and pepper and mix well. After the sauce boils, lower the heat and let the meat to slowly cook for the next 35-45 ‘. Once the sauce shows that it now contains a small amount of water, turn off the heat.
Braised beef is always a festive treat with french fries, spaghetti thick or thin, noodles, mashed potatoes, eggplant puree, rice.